- Do You Want to Add Value to Your Home? - Basement underpinning can add value to your home in a way that other more superficial home improvements can’t. This project, once completed, can potentially create more living space. Even if you’re not considering moving at the moment, having more living space in your home can make a big difference in the future in terms of your property's value.
- Do You Have a Weak Foundation? - A weak foundation can present a myriad of problems for property owners and one of the best ways to correct this situation is with basement underpinning. Basement underpinning is a cost effective and expeditious alternative to demolition. A basement contractor who can properly underpin your basement can make it safe and fit for habitation again.
- Do You Want to Create a Full Height Basement? - The number one reason many people choose basement underpinning is so that they can create a room that they can actually use like any other room in their house. By lowering the floor, you can create a beautiful basement space to use as you see fit.
- Do You Want to Add Extra Stories? - Whether you’re looking to renovate a residential or commercial building, if you plan to add extra stories, you need to reinforce your foundation. In the event that additional stories are in your construction plan now or in the future, basement underpinning will strengthen the building's foundations and enable it to support the additional weight that the new stories will bring.
- Are You Having Problems Relating to Subsidence? - Over time, the earth around buildings can shift, making old foundations unstable and dangerous. Whether these changes were naturally caused or caused by humans, basement underpinning can protect your foundation from major problems that may occur from shifting soil. A good basement contractor can survey your property and recommend the best course of action.
While it may not be the most glamorous part of your home, your foundation is arguably the most important. A strong foundation is critical for many reasons, which is why basement underpinning has become one of the most popular home improvement projects. Basement underpinning strengthens the foundation of your home and can prevent major problems from occurring in the future. 5 Questions to Determine if Basement Underpinning is Right For You There are various reasons that people opt for basement underpinning and a basement contractor in your area can help you determine if it’s truly the best choice for your specific situation. However, there are a couple basic questions that you can ask yourself to decide if you are a good candidate for this kind of project.