Although adding a second floor to a single storey home will normally cost more than expanding an existing storey, it is a popular choice among home owners who do not wish to give up part of their back yard in order to gain more living room. If your property already has a second floor, you may be able to create more space by extending it over your garage or by installing generously-proportioned dormers. Having worked on many different types of second floor additions Toronto and the surrounding area over the years, the team at Blue Line Contractors can complete the necessary construction work for your new addition quickly and efficiently, whatever type you choose.
How We Approach Each Job
Before you can make an informed decision as to whether you would like to go ahead with any of the different types of second floor additions that we can complete for you, you will of course need to know exactly how much it will cost. It is for this reason that supplying you with an accurate quotation is the very first task on our list. The tasks that follow will only be tackled once you have received and approved your quotation.
- Survey and Quote – We will discuss your requirements in detail when you get in touch with us, and arrange to visit your property to carry out a comprehensive survey should you wish us to provide you with a detailed quotation. We strive to provide all of our customers with an extremely accurate quotation service, to avoid any unpleasant surprises once work is under way.
- Starting the Project – Second floor additions usually require the removal of the existing roof, so you need to make sure that you have somewhere else to sleep whilst the work is being completed. Once you have made alternative accommodation arrangements we will get down to work. After removing the roof, we will of course make sure that your home is protected from the elements by heavy duty tarpaulin at all times.
- Strengthening Foundations – If you have a single-storey home and would like to add a whole new upper storey, there is a very good chance that the existing foundations will need to be reinforced in order to support the extra load. This job will of course be completed before we actually start to build the second storey onto your house.
- Building the Second Storey – This is the part that you will be most interested in, the actual construction of your new storey. However, when tackling second floor additions it is important to complete all necessary preparation work first, in order to guarantee the structural integrity of the addition. At Blue Line Contractors, we take the safety of our customers and local building regulations very seriously so you can be sure that by the time we reach this crucial stage, we have already completed all the necessary preparations for your new storey.
- Project Completion – Once all the construction and decorating work is finished, we will carry out a detailed inspection before declaring the project a success. Our building team consists of conscientious workers who share our enthusiasm for customer service so you can look forward to a trouble-free and pleasant experience from start to finish.
Questions about Second Floor Additions Toronto
If there is anything in particular that you would like to know about our service, please feel free to call at any time. We understand that home additions involve a major financial commitment as far as most people are concerned and will do our utmost to answer all your questions in detail.